[Gmsh] Error: unable to recover an edge

Caroline Geiersbach caroline.geiersbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:46:01 CEST 2015

Hello!

I am running into a problem creating a 2d mesh with a rather complicated
geometry (essentially, a material with many inclusions/circles where x and
y coordinates are generated randomly).  For most configurations of the
circles, I get no error.

I'm attaching a .geo file of a configuration that produces an error.  The
error message after I call "gmsh -format msh -2 -o tmpDJxSTZmsh
tmpDJxSTZ.geo" is:

Info    : Meshing surface 334 (Plane, Delaunay)
Error   : Unable to recover an edge -12.0555 -13 && -12.0058 -13 (19/82)
Info    : Done meshing 2D (2.27354 s)
Info    : 30743 vertices 59758 elements
Error   : Mesh generation error summary
Error   :     0 warnings
Error   :     1 error
Error   : Check the full log for details

When I use a different mesh fineness (the "h" in my .geo file), the error
goes away.  Can someone tell me how I can avoid this error altogether?
Thanks in advance for your help!