[Gmsh] "Line Loop is wrong" error

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:21:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

   I am trying to create a mesh around an airfoil using the transfinite algorithm. Attached is my script.

   I have checked the orientation of the loops using the tangents, and it seems ok. However, I continue to get the error: “Line Loop 100 is wrong”.

   The Compound Line seems to be related to this. If I remove the compound line, and pass {-11, -10}, then it goes through and creates the surface, but I am unable to use the transfinite algorithm since it now has 5 corners.

   My ultimate goal is to create a smooth structured grid around my airfoil, much like the elliptic grid generation tools. Do you have any examples that show how to best do this?

   I would greatly appreciate any help.