[Gmsh] CAD remeshing with p = 2

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Sat Sep 19 23:07:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

 I don't manage to get a good mesh of cad geometry (wing in 3D) with high-
order elements. As you can see from the attached images, gmsh doesn't respect
the fact that the leading edge is round and creates a sharp edge here (the
transition between suction and pressure sides of the wing is not smooth). In
addition, some of the elements form 'bumps' so that the HO surface is not
smooth.

 I tried to declare the two CAD surfaces (pressure and suction side) as a
Surface Compound, but gmsh first complains that one of the input surfaces
doesn't exist and then crashes.

 Can this geometry be meshed with high-order elements in gmsh? Thank you for
any advice or workflow suggestions.

Best regards,

 Martin Vymazal