[Gmsh] surface mesh, connect the faces of a compound

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Tue Sep 22 08:03:48 CEST 2015

Hi David,

thanks for the fast reply. It is what I would like to have connect the
faces if they share an edge. Yes the provided option seams to do the
trick.

-string "Geometry.OCCSewFaces=1;"

It worked on the simple provided part compound_of_faces.step and on
one with 10 faces beam-10faces.step. With bothe the FEA worked out
very well :-) On a more sophisticated part mechanical-part.step it
seam to work out too but I get non positive jacobian during FEA, but
that seams to be another part of the story.

Downloadlink is still:
https://cloud.woelkli.com/public.php?service=files&t=1cfd13febed7694726b902cdb36476d4

I need to test on more examples. I will report back.

kind regards bernd