[Gmsh] surface mesh, connect the faces of a compound

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Wed Sep 23 12:15:16 CEST 2015

Hi Dave,

thanks for the tipp regarding the gui and using the options over
there. I had not worked with the gui before. I did some teste with
some modells and the different options. I need to work more to get
used to the gui of GMSH. Up to date it worked out well for some models.

I have a further question in this regard. What would be needed for
beam or solid meshes ?

beam meshes (or edge meshes) --> connect the edges where they share
the same vertice --> ?

shell mehes --> connect the faces where they share the same edge -->
-string "Geometry.OCCSewFaces=1;"

solid meshes (or volume meshes) --> connect the solids where they
share the same face --> ?

I could provide steps if needed.

Kind regards Bernd