[Gmsh] surface mesh, connect the faces of a compound

Bernd Hahnebach calculix at b75.ch
Wed Sep 23 15:18:52 CEST 2015

Hi Germán,

thanks for the hints and the backgoundinformations. I'll give them a try.

Installing the GMSH Macro takes just a few seconds and works very well
and the macro could be changed without changing FreeCAD code.

Regarding integrading GMSH in FreeCAD the way it is done with
CalculiX. Yeah it would be for sure possible. Integrating the macro in
FreeCAD takes time to develop. It's like most feature requests on open
source software. It has to be done by someone.

For CalculiX the integration had to be done, because there was and is
still plenty of code needed for an calculix input file writer and
calculix output file reader. Where GMSH just accepts standard file
formats like step and unv.

Hope that helps. Your are welcome to disscuss anything in the regard
of FreeCAD on the forum http://forum.freecadweb.org/

Bernd