[Gmsh] A small patch to allow face related mesh sizes

steffe at tiscali.it steffe at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 5 19:12:17 CEST 2015

Hello,

 I am developing an open source Electromagnetic Modeler
(called
"EmCAD") which makes use of Gmsh in two ways: It calls the Gmsh
library
for the generation of a surface mesh and it calls the Gmsh
application
for the visualization.

You can find the source code (and
also a windows installer) at the
following web
page:
http://hierarchical-electromagnetics.com/technology/emcad/
[1]

For this application I need to specify mesh sizes which are
associated
with geometrical faces. So I added a "meshSize" field to
the
"meshAttributes" structure inside of the "GFace" class.
Then I added
a few lines into the "BackgroundMeshTools.cpp" file which
take into
account of the new data for the mesh settings.

The details are given in
the annexed patch files which should be applied
to the last version of
Gmsh (version 2.10.1).

Would it be possible to include these small
changes in the next official
releases ? I think it should not introduce
any relevant penalization for
the normal usage of Gmsh. In that way I
will be able to link my
application with that official versions.

Many
thanks
Walter Steffè

Connetti gratis il mondo con la nuova indoona:  hai la chat, le chiamate, le video chiamate e persino le chiamate di gruppo.
E chiami gratis anche i numeri fissi e mobili nel mondo!
Scarica subito l’app Vai su https://www.indoona.com/