[Gmsh] -NumSubEdges for imported high order .msh

Andre Aguiar ufabc.andre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:58:22 CET 2015

Dear all,

First of all, thank you all for the effort on the development of such a
great tool for all of us.

I am a currently undergrad working on the development of high order meshing
(obtained from linear ones) and I was trying to visualize it on Gmsh. The
problem I’m facing (sorry for the pun) is that my higher order elements are
not being visualized as curved ones.

I am creating a .msh file myself (without a background .geo). I have
checked the –numsubedges command, but it seems it needs some .geo behind
it, otherwise faces just stay the same (linear). When I create a mesh from
a .geo file, it works, though (Like in sphere.geo demo file - so it's
probably not any option config)

Is there any way to interpolate the faces, given the order I want to
visualize it? Or would you mind refering me another way to visualize it as
a curved element?

Thanks and regards,

Andre