[Gmsh] Deficiencies in Windows executable version of GMSH ?

steven landers astrofan1uk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 16:54:31 CET 2015

I have just started using GMSH.  I am using only the Windows executable. I am running it on a  Windows 7 64-bit PC.  I have been sure to download and install the 64-bit GMSH version.

As an initial learning exercise I am trying to reproduce exactly the steps shown in the the first demonstration screencast: 'Creating a simple 3D model'
I am able to draw the various points and lines and curves, exactly as shown in the screencast:

BUT the dialog for enabling the extrusion of the 2D plane surface to a 3D solid does not appear to work/function - and there is no control button on it to accept the entered translation value specified.
Is this a bug or does the Windows executable differ in some ways to the various non-Windows versions?
Has anyone else experienced similar problems with the Windows version?
Many thanks