[Gmsh] [Question] From 3D linear mesh to 3D quadratic mesh

Feilin Jia jiafeilin1990 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:16:57 CET 2015

Dear all,

I am a Gmsh user. Recently, I encounter a problem about generating a
quadratic 3D mesh. I write a .geo file, in which I define some points,
lines, line loops and then form a surface, then I use extrude to
obtain the 3D mesh. Then I open this .geo file in Gmsh and click on
the "Mesh -- define -- 3D", then it will generate a linear 3D mesh,
which is good. But then when I click on the "set order 2", some weird
problems occur. Some lines of elements go across the solid wall. The
figures are attached. I do not know how to solve this problem...Hope
for your generous help!

Best regards,
Feilin Jia