[Gmsh] Conformal mesh on two parts

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Thu Jan 7 12:13:57 CET 2016

I'm not familar in working with stl. I mostly work with step. The
following has been working for very well, but for planar faces only !

in FreeCAD but possible in the CAD you prefere as well ...
- import the stl files --> convert the mesh into solids
- make a compound out ouf the solids
- export the compound to step

in GMSH
- open the compound step
- GMSH Tools --> Options --> Geometry --> General --> Cut and merge
faces   (-string "Geometry.OCCConnectFaces = 1;")
- Mesh 3D
- ...

Bernd