[Gmsh] Fwd: element_id=function(list of vertices) available?

A. Non ananim343297 at yandex.com
Thu Jan 28 18:13:43 CET 2016

Hi, maid a feature request from it:
https://onelab.info/trac/gmsh/ticket/277

-------- Beginning of forwarded message--------
28.01.2016, 10:22, "teobo" <ananim343297 at yandex.com>:

Hi,
is there an easy way to obtain, the geo-file element  id (lines, surface or volume) of a given given geometry, lets say, defined by a list of coordinate?
Maybe a python function? Such as element_id=function(list of vertices) ?
Yes or no? It is that I am just working on such a function, find it tedious and hard to believe that nobody came to that idea before mine given the amount of work in the whole product.

So I would be grateful for really any hint: positive, negative or none.

For example: Given this line in the .geo:
Plane Surface(1) = {2};
How can I tell that the face known by my cad-programm is to be found by index 1.

Tia
,

-------- End of forwarded message --------