[Gmsh] Hello, question about defining boundary conditions on a msh file

AnTu Xie antuxie at tamu.edu
Fri Jan 29 21:11:06 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm using the finite element library deal.II to generate some '.msh' files,
and exporting through deal.II. I find that all I can export is the mesh
itself, with no boundaries define.d

I would like to modify the meshes by adding in boundary conditions through
using physical entities in gmsh, since I want to import these meshes into
OpenFOAM for later manipulation. However, I can't actually find any way to
do this. Is it possible to do this in gmsh somehow? I find that all I can
do is add a 'volume' physical entity which takes up the entire volume.

The .msh basically looks like:
$MeshFormat
2.2 0 8
$EndMeshFormat
$Nodes
429
1 0 0.333333 0.333333
2 0.333333 0.333333 0.333333
.
.
.
428 0.416667 0.583333 0.75
429 0.583333 0.583333 0.75
$EndNodes
$Elements
248
1 5 2 2 1 13 107 197 63 110 304 310 199
.
.
.
248 5 2 2 1 392 100 260 429 349 11 105 393
$EndElements

Sincerely,
James Xie