[Gmsh] GMSH capacity to mesh channel

COULET Christophe Christophe.COULET at arteliagroup.com
Thu Feb 4 18:36:11 CET 2016

Dear developper

I'm currently looking for a mesh generator capable to build 2D triangle unstructured mesh for river flood computing.
In fact, I would like to build a mesh with a distorsion between the main axis of the river and the cross section of about 3.
I didn't found any example in the gmsh website and didn't reach to build a such mesh on my own side.

My domain is delimited by 2 polylines or spline describing the banks of the river and 2 straight line describing the upstream and the downstream limit

Did you know if it's possible to build such mesh easily with gmsh?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best regards

[Description : Description : Logo_Artelia_signature]

Christophe COULET

Project Manager

ARTELIA Water & Environment - Hydraulic Modeling & Software

Le Sextant - Bâtiment D . 6-8 avenue des Satellites · CS 70048 . 33187 Le Haillan Cedex · France

Tél. : +33 (0) 5 56 13 85 80 · Fax : +33 (0) 5 56 13 85 63 · Mob. : +33 (0) 6 23 02 25 81

www.arteliagroup.com<http://www.arteliagroup.com/>