[Gmsh] Ocean extruded mesh example

Jeffrey HARRIS jeffrey.harris at enpc.fr
Wed Apr 13 15:41:50 CEST 2016

Dear all,

It seems that in the last few years, a number of files required for the "Ocean Extruded Mesh" example in the wiki have changed.  Does anyone have an updated procedure for the latest versions of GSHHS and ETOPO ?

More importantly, the last extrusion step requires some things in Python, without which "extrudeWorld.py" will fail.  This appears to be covered by the warning -- "a Python version of Gmsh (with rundgpy)...", but the exact meaning is a bit unclear to me at the moment, and Gmsh itself has changed a little in the last years.  What precisely is needed to be installed?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Jeff Harris