[Gmsh] 4 pole wound synchronous machine example

Alexander Shendi Alexander.Shendi at web.de
Thu Apr 28 06:10:22 CEST 2016

Hi folks,

I have compiled gmsh and getdp for OpenBSD 4.9
(amd64 and i386 platforms). Only small problems
there (I could resolve them). Now I have some
questions regarding using the gmsh/getdp combo
for the analysis of rotating electric machines.

I am particularily interested in the 4 pole
salient pole synchronous machine in the example
"wfsm_4p.pro". In particular I would like to
calculate the rotor iron losses in the frequency
domain using the Harmonic Balance Finite Element
Method. The method is outlined in the paper
"Steady State Finite Element Analysis of a
Salient-Pole Synchronous Machine in the Frequency
Domain" paper by Gyselinck et al. , which is
referenced on the onelab.info web site.

Now to my questions:
* Is it possible to use the above method with
  gmsh/getdp?
* I would appreciate some guidance how to
  write a *.pro file for the problem. Any
  pointers welcome!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,