[Gmsh] make a hexa second order mesh out of a hexa first order mesh
gmsh at b75.ch
Wed May 11 14:10:27 CEST 2016
More informations in this regard ...
- open file b5__hexa8_coarse.msh
- in GMSH Tree click on Mesh --> Set order 2
- Menue Tools --> Options --> Mesh --> Visibility --> activate Nodes
- It seams we have got a second order mesh ?!
- Menue Tools --> Visibility --> Numeric --> click on hide elements
(put in * before) --> click on show elements (put in 50 before)
- screen is attached --> it really seams to be a hexa20 mesh
- save as msh --> reload --> still a hexa20 mesh
- save as unv --> reload --> no hexa20 mesh, it is a hexa8 mesh
Could it be hexa20 ist not supported in GMSH unv export ?? Could
someone else give more informations in this regard?
kind regards bernd
Zitat von Bernd Hahnebach <gmsh at b75.ch>:
> Dear gmsh folks,
> attache a coarse hexa first order mesh. I'd like to get an second
> orde hexa mesh out of this. I found the hight order tools can be
> used to create the appropriate nodes for a second order hexa mesh.
> But how do I create elements out of the nodes.
> kind regards bernd
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 85057 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the gmsh