[Gmsh] Partitioning in Gmsh

Saurabh Deshpande saurabhdeshpande93 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:45:33 CEST 2016

Dear Users,

I am new to Gmsh. I have some doubts in Partitioning using Gmsh. I have
created a square surface and created 2D mesh and partitioned it using GUI
options. Now when I go to options tag Untick all the Geometry elements I
can see just mesh now.(1st image).

In mesh options I just select lines now. Can someone tell what are this
line? Are they line elements created because of meshing? Why the line
numbers for partition lines are so large? (2nd Image)

Could you please explain what physical and elementary tags mean?.

Thank you for your time to explain very basic question.