[Gmsh] Erroneous command line to call GetDP from Gmsh

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Jun 2 16:26:44 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with a version of Gmsh compiled from source (version 2.12.0) on a Linux Red Hat 5 64-bit machine. To be more precise, it is a virtual machine hosted on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. I made some modification to the source code but that issue I am experiencing does not seem to be related to it at first sight. I compiled Gmsh with all options to their default values except for ENABLE_TAUCS = OFF (I could not figure a way to make Taucs work on my computer so I turned it off). The resulting program runs Ok, can generate meshes and even execute my custom function. Still, when it tries to launch the GetDP solver it does so with an erroneous command line. This is visible in the Gmsh console :
Info    : Calling '"/home/fazill/Documents/getdp-2.7.0/build/getdp"  -onelab "GetDP" /home/fazill/.gmshsock2 &'
Info    : Running 'GetDP'...
Info    : GetDP - Performing ONELAB 'check'
Error   : GetDP - Missing input file name
Info    : Done running 'GetDP'
Info    : Done
One can see that the path to the model file is missing in the command line. I am having trouble to locate where in Gmsh source code this command line is constructed so that I can further investigate on the issue. I have narrowed down the search area to the folders Gmsh-2.12.0/contrib/onelab and Gmsh-2.12.0/Common but haven't been able able to precisely find the culprit function. Could anyone familiar with the source code hint me in the right direction ?

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>