[Gmsh] Compound surfaces and lines

Martin Kraska martin.kraska at th-brandenburg.de
Sun Jul 17 14:35:33 CEST 2016

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the hint. I can indeed create a mesh with compound surfaces in 2.13.1. I observed some restrictions:

- the midside nodes of the generated elements don't follow the compound surface (except on the edges of the surface).
- Successful meshing relies on introduction of an upper element size limit
- If I also combine the adjacent lines in order to get rid of the short edges (they still attract small elements), then 3D meshing fails.

The console complains about intersecting surfaces.

Also, switching on all geometry healing options and setting a high geometry tolerance does not remove the small edges.

Martin