[Gmsh] STEP import // tangent surface selection

Michael Hiller postanmichel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 22:30:36 CEST 2016

Hello Christophe, did you ever get an answer to following archived email?
 http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2013/007826.html

  I am not a coding expert but I found following description on the occ-site which seems to be exactly what me and the Matthias were looking for:

 https://www.opencascade.com/doc/occt-6.7.0/overview/html/user_guides__step.html#occt_step_7_1_1

 It would be great if you could implement color and name STEP import.

 There seems to be the possibility for layer import as well which would be a nice extra:
https://www.opencascade.com/doc/occt-6.9.1/refman/html/class_s_t_e_p_c_a_f_control___reader.html#afa81144a8d9116e1ffa0af30a70f928e

 Let me know if I can check or provide more information.

 Thank you and best regards
 Michael