[Gmsh] Question about gmsh

Mayank Jog mayankjog at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 04:09:39 CEST 2016

Hello,
I have been using "simnibs" software which uses gmsh to calculate electric
fields over a 3D mesh/geometry (human head).
It outputs a final .msh file, that contains the electric field information,
and can be viewed using gmsh.

My issue is, I want to convert this file to a list where each line =
[coord location, electric field value ] How do I go about doing it?

The ultimate goal is to regrid this data onto a regular cartesian grid to
do some funky postprocessing (fourier transforms, followed by funky stuff).
I tried saving the .msh file as a .txt ** , and then reading it line by
line.....I was thinking of replacing each triangular element with its
centroid. However, I don't know how to proceed with other
elements....please help me out

Thank you!
Mayank

** "Post processing Generic txt" option in "save as" in gmsh