[Gmsh] Python parallel loading

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Thu Dec 22 22:36:52 CET 2016

FreeCAD uses OCCT for geometry data structure and SMESH for mesh data
structure. Lately there has been integrated GMSH as meshing software
for FEM meshes to be able to make conformal connected multibody meshes
(CompSolids in speach of OCCT) with different mesh size for different
voulems of the geometry. All tools in this regard are accesable by
python. All data is saved inside FreeCAD and GMSH is called through a
system call. But FreeCADs data structure itselfs may be support the
structure you need.

some screens
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=30#p147949
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=50#p149501
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=60#p149658
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=40#p149284
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=40#p149467
http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18780&start=20#p147507

Bernd

BTW:
OCCT 7.1 has been released. Has someone tried to compile GMSH against
OCCT 7.1 ?  I use 7.0 ATM.

Zitat von "G. D. McBain" <gdmcbain at protonmail.com>:

[Zitattext verstecken]
This package clearly does not meet my needs. It's just a geometry
creation tool which uses gmsh through a system call. It generates a
mesh and open it using meshio (another package from the same dev)
which does not keep physical nor partition tags. I need both.

I have a fork of MeshIO that keeps physical tags and partitions.

https://github.com/gdmcbain/meshio/tree/gmsh-element-tags

It doesn't use mpi4py though.

------