[Gmsh] latest release not meshing

Brett Sanders bsanders at uci.edu
Mon Jan 30 21:37:09 CET 2017

Hello,

I found the previous release in your nicely organized archive of
binaries, and gmsh is now working fine.

Thank you for being so organized!

-Brett

On 1/30/17 12:32 PM, Brett Sanders wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This weekend I tested out gmsh for the first time and was really
> impressed. I downloaded v 2.16.0 from the mac, and ran it on my laptop
> using OS X 10.11.6.
>
> This morning, I came into my office and installed gmsh v. 2.16.0-svn
> on my desktop computer (OS X 10.9.5), and the software crashes every
> time I try to make a 2D mesh.
>
> I am using a very simple input file, which is pasted below.
>
> I would appreciate any help you can provide. I noticed that I'm using
> a diferent version of gmsh (2.16.0-svn vs. 2.16.0), and I wonder if
> that's a key issue.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Brett
>
> //Inputs
> gridsize1 = 2; //Specifies mesh resolution
> gridsize2 = 10; //Specifies mesh resolution
>
> //Points that constrain the mesh
>
> Point(1) = {1.4, 0.1, 0, gridsize1};
> Point(2) = {100, 0, 0, gridsize2};
> Point(3) = {100, 50, 0, gridsize2};
> Point(4) = {0, 50, 0, gridsize1};
>
> //Lines that will constrain the mesh geometry
>
> Line(5) = {1, 2};
> Line(6) = {2, 3};
> Line(7) = {3, 4};
> Line(8) = {4, 1};
>
> Line Loop(9) = {5, 6, 7, 8}; //exterior loop
>
> Plane Surface(10)={9};

Brett F. Sanders, Ph.D
Professor and Chair, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor, Department of Planning, Policy and Design
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-2175
sanders.eng.uci.edu
floodrise.uci.edu