[Gmsh] BRL-CAD for Geometry?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Feb 3 14:49:22 CET 2017

As a little teaser, just to let you know that I'm coding a direct interface to OpenCASCADE CAD creation right in .geo files. This will in particular support automatic creation of conform interfaces when you fuse solids, in order to handle internal boundaries.

Here's what the scripts will look like (not everything is in the SVN trunk yet):

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");

Mesh.Algorithm = 6;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin = 0.4;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 0.4;

R = 1.4;
s = .7;
t = 1.25;

Block(1) = {-R,-R,-R, R,R,R};

Sphere(2) = {0,0,0,R*t};

BooleanIntersection(3) = { Volume{1}; Delete; }{ Volume{2}; Delete; };

Cylinder(4) = {-2*R,0,0, 2*R,0,0, R*s};
Cylinder(5) = {0,-2*R,0, 0,2*R,0, R*s};
Cylinder(6) = {0,0,-2*R, 0,0,2*R, R*s};

BooleanUnion(7) = { Volume{4}; Delete; }{ Volume{5}; Delete; };
BooleanUnion(8) = { Volume{6}; Delete; }{ Volume{7}; Delete; };
BooleanSubtraction(9) = { Volume{3}; Delete; }{ Volume{8}; Delete; };