[Gmsh] gaps

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Feb 5 10:38:22 CET 2017

> On 26 Jan 2017, at 12:52, Kik, S.J. <s.j.kik at student.tue.nl> wrote:
>
> Dear,
>
> I have created a sphere in gmsh for a simulation in FastBEM. Fastbem however gives some results which seem to indicate that my sphere contains a gap.
> After a lot experiments I now detected that the number of nodes in the statistics window of Gmsh differs from the number in the .msh file(attached).

The number of nodes in the final .msh file depends on the Physical group definitions. (What is reported in the Statistics window is the raw number of nodes.)

>  Could you explain the difference and could you tell whether the sphere has indeed a gap?

I don't see any gaps in your mesh; beware that the surfaces of the interior sphere are not oriented in a coherent way, which could lead to problems in a BEM code.

(The mesh of the outer shell is also quite strange.)

Christophe