[Gmsh] Problem with "Periodic Surface" defined using splines.

Uģis Lācis ugis.lacis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:22:02 CET 2017

Dear Gmsh developers and users,

I have been routinely using the very nice feature of Gmsh that allows to
define periodic surfaces and exactly the same meshes at opposite sides
of the domain.

However, trying to define the geometry with splines, I have stumbled on
a weird problem. The Gmsh software spits out error about not finding
periodic counterpart of edge, while meshing in 1D does not complain
about anything (see attached example.log). The corresponding GEO file is
also attached. I am meshing the domain using command line call
gmsh -3 example.geo
I use version 2.16.0, I have checked that 2.12 produces the same
outcome. After the error message, the Gmsh crashes with segmentation
fault for me.

I have tried removing the Periodic definition for the problematic
surface and then everything works absolutely fine.

Do you have any suggestions or could you point me in any direction,
which could solve this problem?

Best Regards,
Ugis Lacis