[Gmsh] Creating a spherical hole inside a volume [Files attached for testing]

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat Mar 18 09:49:50 CET 2017

Gmsh does not support intersecting STL (mesh-based) and CAD entities; at least not yet. So if you need intersecting a sphere with your STL, you'll need to use something external to intersect (a mesh of the sphere) with the STL first, before importing in Gmsh. The new OpenCASCADE stuff will not help.

Christophe