[Gmsh] High-order visualization for hp-FEM solutions

Beriot, Hadrien hadrien.beriot at siemens.com
Tue Apr 4 18:49:50 CEST 2017

Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your help. I followed your advice, and projected on the Lagrange basis before generating a results file for gmsh. It worked like a charm, I have been able to interface easily with gmsh and can now visualize hp-FEM solutions up to order 10 on very coarse meshes (see some nice snapshots below). It looks awesome, thanks.

Kind regards,

Hadrien

A duct mode, coarse T4 mesh, p=8, visu. order 8
[cid:image001.png at 01D2AD70.392FEBF0]

Diffraction of a plane wave by a sphere, coarse T10 mesh, visualization order 6, computational order 6
[cid:image003.png at 01D2AD72.61A00640]