[Gmsh] how get the coordinates of nodes of an imported mesh

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Apr 6 16:22:02 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

Actually you can :

·         Use the Plugin NewView to create an empty post-processing view (View = 0, Dimension = 3)

·         Use MathEval on the new view (Expression0 = x, Expression1 = y, Expression2 = z, View = 0) to get a field with values (X,Y,Z)

·         In the Tools > Option menu, set the Intervals type display option for the MathEval view (should be View[1]) to be "Numeric values"

In the end, you should be seeing the nodes coordinates in the viewport.

Sincerely yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>