[Gmsh] A problem in using gmsh

G. D. McBain gdmcbain at protonmail.com
Mon May 1 01:28:06 CEST 2017

I am using your program in masters research and i need to assign loads and area properties to an example. After many trials to found the answer at google i failed to have the answer so i need your help to continueting my thises research.

Exactly how you assign loads and properties depends on your finite element solver, but in general from the Gmsh side it involves defining the appropriate Physical Surfaces. These will be preserved in the output mesh, with details depending on the output format you choose.

See: http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Elementary-vs-physical-entities