[Gmsh] boolean partitioning

Bernd Hahnebach gmsh at b75.ch
Wed May 3 07:20:11 CEST 2017

Zitat von andrew <armitatz at gmail.com>:

> In Salome which uses the opencascade model there is a Boolean operation
> called partition. With this you can create a solid from two others but with
> a shared face. A usage of that is the creation of meshes with internal
> walls in it with zero thickness aka 'baffles'.

FYI
Such a topology is called a CompSolid in OpenCascade. Since I have no
experience with the new GMSH functionallity I normally use FreeCAD to
create such topology and use brep (The native OpenCascade format) to
exchange the topology with GMSH.

http://opencascade.blogspot.ch/2009/02/topology-and-geometry-in-open-cascade_27.html

bernd