[Gmsh] Compile GMSH on Windows 10

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:21:25 CEST 2017

Hi users,

I am trying to compile GMsh as a shared library on Windows 10 using MSVC 12
with 64 bit arch. I am facing problem at the very first step during running
configuration. CMake fails saying

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:404 (enable_language):
  No CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER could be found.

So my question is
1) Is this a GMsh's CMake script issue or CMake's issue?
2) If this is a GMsh's script issue, Is Fortran compiler is a prerequisite
to build GMsh?
3) If not, is it possible to bypass the check of existence of Fortran, done
by CMake?
4) Is there a list of pre-requisite libraries documented anywhere? I
checked the Readme.txt file and could not find any information regarding
compiling the source on Windows.

Experienced candidates kindly provide your inputs.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rakesh Patil