[Gmsh] problem 3D transfinite algorithm

Danny Lathouwers - TNW D.Lathouwers at tudelft.nl
Sat May 13 13:39:52 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to build a geometry consisting of 3 blocks connected.
The blocks should have stretched meshes (as seen when generating 2D meshes in the attached geo).

I failed when attempting to do the 3D. At first I removed the interconnecting surfaces between the blocks so that the complete volume could be meshed.
That did not work (perhaps too complex, too many surfaces involved?).

In a second try, I added these interconnecting surfaces and generate the volumes separately as in the Test.geo. Even the first block fails to generate (incompatible surface message). This seems to be something I am doing wrong?

Even if this can be made to work I will probably end up with 3 non-connected meshes right? This woud not be what I want. Can these then be connected?

Could you give me a hand with this geometry/mesh?

Thanks very much !
Danny.