[Gmsh] Problem with GMSH and Windows 7

Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Tue May 16 12:34:46 CEST 2017

CHANSARD Franck Mickael writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am from the company setec tpi. We have been using GMSH for years and
> we are very pleased with it. Congratulations for your developments.
>
> However, I contact you because we have a problem. Indeed, for some
> months, we have computers with Windows 7 where the software seems to
> crash as soon as it runs. The task manager shows that the memory
> consumption is constant. The
> software never responds. We used several versions in 32 and 64 bits,
> without success. A new installation of Windows 7 solves the
> problem. However, after a few days, the problem reappears.
> We are wondering if this is not a compatibility issue with a Windows
> update.
>
> Did you hear about this problem?
>
> Cordially.
>
> Franck Chansard

Hello Franck, one alternative is to build GMSH from source, so you can
inspect what is exactly failing in the debugger when the program
crashes.

Another generic approach to reset GMSH is to just delete its
configuration options instead of reinstall windows.  They should be in
%APPDATA%:

http://gitlab.onelab.info/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=appdata&group_id=&project_id=3&search_code=true&repository_ref=master

--
Alberto