[Gmsh] Gmsh is slow after importing igs

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon May 22 20:40:21 CEST 2017

Gmsh does not convert between CAD formats (so you cannot reliably "convert" an iges file to geo file). Also, use step files instead of iges files if you want to import data in Gmsh: step files contain the full topology, which makes producing conformal meshes much easier.

Could you try importing the step version of your model in Gmsh 3.0.2 and let us know if it's still slow? If it is, could you send a representative model that exhibits this slowness?

Thanks,

Christophe