[Gmsh] Plane Surface and Boolean Intersection Problems

Liz Livingston eliving2 at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 6 21:38:49 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have been trying to use the OpenCASCADE geometry kernel to cut a 2D cross
section out from multiple 3D crystals. I can make these volumes using
regular Surface>Surface Loop>Volume, however, the Boolean Intersection does
not work correctly. I tried making it with Plane Surfaces, however, some of
the faces are not perfectly planar.

Is there anyway to define these shapes so that the Boolean Intersection
operations will succeed?

Examples .geo files are attached.

Thank you,
Liz
--
*Liz Livingston*
MS Candidate 2019 | Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
email: eliving2 at illinois.edu