[Gmsh] Air volume arround a 3D model.

Javier Sánchez Buezas javier.sanchez at sidisel.com
Mon Jul 24 13:59:15 CEST 2017

Hello all.

I'm trying to simulate the ElectroMagnetic behaviour of a Microstrip
antenna on a PCB board. In order to make a simple start I tried to
simulate a simple strip of cooper, and placing it inside an spherical
box of air.

The problem is that the mesh doesn't generates correctlly. If I try with
the Delauny algorithm I get the "Self intersecting surface mesh" error.
If I use the Frontal algorithm no 3d mesh is generated for the air.

I created the model by defining the outter surface and a surface loop of
all the outter surfaces of the board and then making a volume with thos
2 arguments ( Volume(n) = {Spherical surface, surface loop};)

Attached is the .geo file.

Any idea of how can I make this right?

Greetings.

Javier.