[Gmsh] Step Import Non Conformal Mesh

faber.mueller at t-online.de faber.mueller at t-online.de
Sun Aug 13 18:24:41 CEST 2017

Good evening,

First of all I want to thank Dr. Colignon and Prof. Geuzaine for their
answers to my question http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2017/011502.html
<http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2017/011502.html>   . Now I have another
problem. After I imported the geometry, which contains out of several
solids, and assigned physical volumes, surfaces and characteristic length
the mesh is nonconformal. When I activated sew faces before importing, I
have no Volumes in the statistic, so I cant assign physical Volumes.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to upload the step file here.

I have used the search function and some years ago there was a discussion
with Dr. Zenker in 2013 :
http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2013/007880.html
<http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2013/007880.html>   . He used a
workaround with netgen. I couldn't try it because our IT Department denied
my query to install it on my laptop.

Is there a solution within the new gmsh version 3 to heal the geometry and
to keep the volumes ?

Thanks for your time and support
Fabian