[Gmsh] GMSH Boundary Layer functionality in 3D meshing

FRANCIOLINI MATTEO m.franciolini at pm.univpm.it
Wed Aug 23 16:33:03 CEST 2017

Dear Onelab people,

Thank you for providing GMSH for free.

I am trying to use it to create a finite element model of a sphere for CFD purposes. I successfully used the GMSH boundary layer field functionality last year for 3d meshing, and I am figuring out that the command “FacesList“ do not exist anymore in the new version. I was wondering if I am missing something in the user guide to specify the faces where to apply the boundary layer on a 3D mesh.

I am attaching the geo file.

Regards,

Matteo Franciolini
PhD Student – DIISM
Marche Polytechnic University
Via Brecce Bianche 12, 60131 Ancona, Italy