[Gmsh] cmake does not find blas/lapack and other libraries

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:27:02 CEST 2017

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 04:09 PM, Juan A. Cordero Varelaq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have experienced some problems during building of gmsh, as shown in
> the attachment:
>
>   * When it says */Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found/*,
>     is it ok if it says */Looking for pthread_create in pthread -
>     found/*. In other words, is /pthread/ equivalent to /pthread*s*/?

CMake is just trying to be a bit more tolerant. :-)

See https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/variable/CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.html

>   * /*Could NOT find JPEG (missing:  JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR)*/. I
>     cannot understand this since /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so.62.1.0 exists indeed.

Most probably you did not have the development library package. It's
usually called something like libjpeg-dev or libjpeg-devel.

BTW, any special reason why you want to compile your own? The binary
provided on the website usually works fine.

Regards,
-- st