[Gmsh] Cylinder (not periodic) meshing problem

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 2 15:52:03 CEST 2017

Dear Giampiero,

Indeed, there are still some issues with OpenCASCADE models when the dimensions are very large (or very small).

For the time being, rescale your model. For example, just dividing all lengths by 10 fixes the issue:

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin = 20;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 20;

//Definisco il cilindro com e coppia di superfici no periodiche (altrimenti non posso usare i Boolean)
Circle(1) = {0,0,0, 905, 0, Pi};
Extrude{0,0,611}{Line{1};}

You can still save the mesh with another scaling with the Mesh.ScalingFactor (e.g. "Mesh.ScalingFactor=10;") option.

Christophe