[Gmsh] How to mesh only the volume(s) and not the lines, surfaces etc?

FERNANDO LORENZO felorenzo at att.net
Fri Oct 13 02:17:51 CEST 2017

Dear Arefin,

All you have to do is a "save mesh” which will save the mesh in gmsh format (name.msh) so that you can read it back with gmsh, and save it as tochnog format (name.dat) which will allow you to do what you need by saving only the 3D elements. The two files will represent the same mesh!

Fernando Lorenzo
felorenzo at att.net