[Gmsh] Status of Face BC for CGNS exportation

Bruno Blais blais.bruno at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:22:57 CEST 2017

Hello Everyone,

I have found the following message dated from 2009 regarding the
implementation of Face boundary conditions (instead of vertex) for export
in the CGNS mesh format. I was wondering if there were any planned updates
in increasing the support for CGNS format? Some interesting open source
software (like SU2, even though the SU2 format is supported by gmsh) use
the CGNS file format and it is quite a portable / interesting /compact mesh
format from our experience. Best regards.

Quoting Daniele <eltanin80 at gmail.com

>* When I save in cgns format, i cannot select "Face" in Write dummy BC, but
*>* only Vertex. Why? Thanks for your help
*>
Simply because the code for face-based connectivity and BC is not
finished.  It is on a to-do list though.

Stephen