[Gmsh] Curved surface definition

Savio Poovathingal savio.poovathingal at montana.edu
Tue Oct 17 21:01:51 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to generate a tube that does not have a cylindrical
cross-section. The cross-sectional area varies with x. As a result, I
generate the points and connect lines through a script which generates the
.geo file.

Unfortunately, I am not able to define the curved portion as a surface to
generate the mesh. For example, I have Line Loop(1) = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
20, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -19};
Plane Surface(1) = {1};

but gmsh does not recognize this surface. Rules Surface is deprecated and
simply specifying Surface gives me an error " Error   : Wrong definition of
face 1: 14 borders instead of 3 or 4"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Savio