[Gmsh] about periodic surfaces and list of periodic nodes provided by gmsh

ashish bhole ashishbhole07 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:05:24 CEST 2017

Hello All,

I am exploring "Periodic Surface" command in gmsh.
I have attached a small script here. My questions are
as follows:

1) When I use transfinite surface and transfinite volume
command, I get incomplete periodic information by gmsh.
Gmsh does not write periodic nodes on periodic surfaces.
May I know why is so?

2) If I comment transfinite surface and transfinite volume
commands, gmsh provides list of periodic nodes on surface
as well. I wish to know whether the list of periodic nodes provided
by gmsh contains duplicate pairs. For example, nodes on periodic
lines may appear in nodes on periodic surfaces containing those
lines. Does gmsh ensures to provides list of unique periodic pairs
of nodes?

Thank you!

-- With Regards
Ashish