[Gmsh] Flat Quad mesh with Delaunay for quads

Michel Cassagnes michel.cassagnes at noos.fr
Sun Nov 26 21:57:58 CET 2017

Dear all,
I get a bad quad mesh when I use Delaunay for quads (still labeled as
experimental) with Recombine all triangulatr meshes and Standard algorithm.
Several quads have two aligned edges : see attached images, one image with
triangular meshes, before recombine and another image where we can see the
flat quad mesh.
The recombine algorithm already leaves some triangle in the mesh because
all cannot be quad or with bad shape. So gmsh works very very well and mesh
is very nice (see attached, global view). It just remains the problem that
it accepts flat meshes and so doesn't allow to use it for calculations.

Thank you.and best regards,

Michel Cassagnes