[Gmsh] Simulation of electric field on the surface of a curved membrane

Wayne Mitchell Jr wayne.mitchell at uconn.edu
Wed Jan 24 19:43:45 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to numerically solve Poisson's equation for a model of a
mitochondrial cristae and visualize the results using Gmsh/GetDP in a
manner similar to that in the attached article by Strauss et al. (Figure
7). However, I would instead like to do this for the electric field lines
facing the inside of the curved membrane.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to how I could perhaps
accomplish this?

Thank you!

Wayne Mitchell