[Gmsh] grouping surfaces into a surface loop and creating a volume generates unwanted surfaces

Junhui Liu junhui.liu at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 20 00:04:20 CET 2018

I have generated surfaces and decided to group them into a volume.

unstructured_Volume_surfaces_array[] = Surface "*”;
Surface Loop(surf1) = {unstructured_Volume_surfaces_array[]};
volume_index = news;
Volume(volume_index) = {surf1};

Somehow duplicate surfaces appear and the indices of surfaces in the volume are not exact the same as I put inside the surface Loop.
I generated 115 surfaces, but after I group them into a volume, the number of surfaces becomes 182.

I used Gmsh 3.0.6, 1 with SetFactory("OpenCASCADE”);

I appreciate any help.

Junhui