[Gmsh] Gmsh 2D Boundary Layer around a bluff body

Tommaso Pascon pascon.tommaso at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 23 09:28:37 CET 2018

 Good morning,

I'm Tommaso Pascon a Openfoam CFD user who use Gmsh as a mesh generator software.

 I'm having troubles trying to get an hybrid mesh with a structured boundary layer area around a bluff body and an unstructured region for the rest of my domain.

 I tried with boudarylayer field but i can't make it to work apparently so i decided to use the extrusion function. This is working but i can't connect the structured region with the unstructured one. It seems that these two aren't connected together and the unstructured mesh falls into the structured part.

 What am I missing? I've read a lot of posts on that matter but I still can't find a solution.
 If it's needed I can upload the geo file

 Thanks

   Tommaso Pascon